On August 30, 2022, Chad Pecknold, associate professor of theology at The Catholic University of America and Director of the Institute for Faith & Public Culture, published an article titled “Blue Laws Needed to Reverse Our Despair.” The article was highlighting a new study conducted by economists that claims to show a “profound correlation between deaths of despair and the repeal of blue laws.” The article said:
• “The authors track the rising despair and the decline of religion most precisely to the repeal of blue laws.”
• “These laws have been shown to be strongly related to religious practice, creating discrete changes in incentives to attend religious services . . . the repeal of these laws lowered religious participation.”
• “To repeal such laws, and the legislators and justices who did the repealing, failed to foresee how damaging the loss of such laws would be on ‘the social fabric of communities generally.”
• “Among their findings is that the loss of blue laws depressed religious participation, and that this in turn made very significant portion of the population unstable, lacking the strength of ‘religiosity,’ unable to deal with ‘enormous negative shocks’ such as large-scale wars and natural disasters—which is to say, unable to deal with suffering.”
• “Laws supporting Christian devotion are not contrary to the common good of Rome, but positively in its interest. So it is for us today.”
• “I do not believe we can survive as a country without restoring something as simple as blue laws. Even if you were an atheist, you could at least see it from the point of view of the economist.”
The current social unrest is paving the way for the fulfillment of the prophecies of Revelation 13. In the face of severe political and economic turmoil, religious, political, and economic leaders will seek to restore the Blue Laws, also known as Sunday Laws, as the solution to humanity’s problems. The ultimate goal is to create a new world of lasting peace and security for all humanity by limiting or prohibiting all secular activities on Sunday in order to coerce people to attend church.
Today, almost the entire world is arguing that Sunday will be the solution to our environmental, moral, economic, and social problems. This is the same message found in Pope Francis’ encyclical Laudato Si’. While the entire world is wondering after the beast of Revelation and unites to embrace the common good (the mark of the beast), God will have a people who will keep His commandments, not man’s (Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14).
“Satan will do the evil deeds he has long wished to do. Storm and tempest, war and bloodshed,—in these things he delights, and thus he gathers in his harvest. And so completely will men be deceived by him that they will declare that these calamities are the result of the desecration of the first day of the week.” (Review and Herald, 9/17/1901). #sda #adventist #adventista